Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Changes Are a Coming


So since it's the beginning of a new year I have finally decided to really try and make some changes here at home since I have plenty of time on my hands. I want to try and become more organized and to purge some of the things that I really don't need or use too often. Now I wouldn't say that I'm a complete slob, but do like to make little piles around the house ~ piles of paper, piles of laundry. You get my meaning ~ hence the picture. Everything will have it's place and that's where it will be put from now on. Less clutter will make my hubby extremely happy and myself as well since our rental is quite a bit smaller than we are accustomed to. Once our stuff is brought over from storage ~ yes I said storage ~ I am going to take the time to go through every box, and pull out those items that I really just don't need. Thus making less stuff to move when our lease is up ~ so at least I have about ten months to get this done! Lol! Good lord I hope it doesn't take me that long! Also last night I made a list of chores that my 9 year old and 6 year old will be doing nightly and weekly. I want to teach them some responsibility, and also appreciation for what I do daily around our home. Now the organizing is something I've always wanted to do, but recently I have really been feeling the urge, first because of our fresh new start and wanting to kick some of my bad habits, and secondly I have been watching a show called Hoarders on A & E. It is frightening to watch but also fascinates me to no end. It's like a train wreck that you cannot turn away from no matter how hard you try, and honestly as bad as it sounds, it actually makes me feel a little better about my housekeeping. How sad is that! These people have a horrible disability and it makes me feel better about myself!!! I am SO ashamed! So this will be I guess one of my New Years Resolutions ~ Get Organized! I think it will set a tone for my boys to follow and hopefully they will start picking up after themselves WITHOUT being asked. Yeah I know ~ will never happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!